The following acts
are prescribed as Sunnah at the beginning of the day of 'Eid-ul-Fitr
before proceeding to the Eid prayer:
1. To wake up early in the morning.
2. To clean one's teeth with a Miswaak or a brush.
3. To take a bath.
4. To put on one's best available clothes.
5. To wear perfume.
6. To eat a sweet food, preferably dates, before the Eid prayer.
7. To recite the following Takbir in the low voice while going
to the 'Eid prayer:
Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar La Ilaha Ila Allah Wa Allahu Akbar
Allahu Akbar Wa Lillahi Alhamd
The 'Eid Prayer
The second obligation on 'Eid day is to perform the 'Eid prayer.
Some rules in this respect are mentioned hereunder:
1. The Eid prayer is Wajib (obligatory) on every male Muslim.
2. The Eid prayer can be performed any time between the Ishraq
3. It is preferable that the 'Eid prayer is performed at an open
field and not in a mosque. However, if, it is difficult for any
reason to perform it in an open field, it can also be performed
in a big mosque.
4. It is not advisable to hold the 'Eid prayer in every mosque,
rather it is preferable that the people from several small
mosques get together to either perform it in an open field or,
in its absence, in a big mosque which can accommodate a large
number of people.
5. No Nafl Salah can be performed before the 'Eid prayer,
neither in one's home, nor at the place of' Eid prayer.
Similarly, Nafl prayer cannot be performed after the Eid prayer
at the same place. However, it can be performed after one comes
back to his home.
6. The Eid prayer has neither Adhan nor Iqamah.
Mufti Taqi Usmani
Source : Islaam.org